In this post I won’t be sharing another recipe, unfortunately…this one is a bit different.
A few days ago, I received a wonderful surprise from the magical blogosphere: a nomination for the Liebster Award. More specifically, I received this from The Peckish Kiwi, a fellow foodie. Thanks again!
I didn’t even know about this thing until after I saw the notification of receiving it. Actually, I saw the nomination, squealed in glee for a while, and then stopped to think, “wait a minute…I should probably know what this is really for…”
Basically, here are the rules:
1. You have to post 11 facts about yourself.
2. You have to answer the questions the tagger has set up for you and think up 11 other questions for people you are nominating.
3. You then choose 11 people new to the blogging world or with something like 200 followers to give the award to and link to their blog in your post.
4. Then, you tell them on their page.
5. Also, no tag backs!
Here are the facts about me:
1. God, I suck at these.
2. This is why I hate get-to-know-you games.
3. Uh, I like chocolate? Like, a lot?
4. Some of my favorite music includes: The Beatles, Queen, ABBA, and Billy Joel.
5. I hate shopping. Whenever I end up going because of necessity, I always think to myself, “OK, I’m here to work, not to have fun.”
6. Yes, I am aware most people don’t do that. ^
7. My favorite movie is “Airplane!”, but I also love the entire “Bourne” series, “Forrest Gump”, and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”.
8. I don’t really drink coffee or tea, but several people have told me that I seem like a “tea person” to them. I’m still trying to figure out if this is a compliment or not.
9. I’m totally a cat person. Especially munchkin scottish fold kittens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6-Jtyp2pU
10. I love to read, and my favorite author is probably John Green (The Fault in Our Stars!). However, I also love Da Vinci Code and Pride and Prejudice. Never thought you’d see those in the same sentence, did you?
11. I like baking much more than cooking, as you can probably already tell from my posts.
Questions from The Peckish Kiwi:
1. Tomato Sauce or Ketchup?
Wow, this is tougher than I thought it would be. 😉 Probably tomato sauce, but it was close.
2. Tortellini or Ravioli?
Pshh, tortellini any day.
3. Early bird or Night Owl?
4. If you had a cow, what would you call it?
Beatrice. Or Arabella. Or Daisy. Those all yell “moo” to me for some reason…I don’t know why…
5. If you were promised $10,000 a day for the rest of your life, but had to spend each lot of $10,000 in the day you received it (so no using finance or hire purchase), what would you spend your first $10,000 on?
I have no idea…I’d probably end up wasting a lot of money every day just because I would have no idea what to do with it.
6. Are you more likely to be ten minutes early or ten minutes late?
Ten minutes early.
7. What’s your favourite go to meal when you’re just cooking for yourself after a hard day of work when you are feeling lazy? Or if you don’t cook, what’s your favourite feed me now I’m hungry meal.
Hmm…I guess scrambled eggs. It’s a dinner food around here.
8. Do you dream in colour?
In my dreams, I don’t really make note of that. I probably do then, because I feel like I would remember dreaming in black and white.
9. What’s your favourite Eddie Murphy movie?
It would probably have to be Shrek just because I realize I haven’t seen many. Though I was somehow tricked into watching Norbit some time ago. Never again.
10. Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?
Not as of yet.
11. What’s the best thing about this blogging gig for you?
Practicing my writing, photography, and baking: the 3 things I love most (yeah family and friends come after that 😛 ). Also, being able to interact with people who share my interests that I otherwise would not get the chance to meet.
Being quite new ’round these parts (read: blogging in general), I don’t have the total 11 nominees. But quality over quantity, right? And all these blogs are great!
The nominees for the “Liebster Award” category are:
Questions for the nominees, or as I like to call them, the Chosen Ones:
1. What’s your dream job?
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
3. Do you have a weird talent?
4. Pasta or rice? (the age-old question)
5. If you were an animal, what would you be?
6. If you had to blog about something different, what would it be?
7. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
8. What’s one thing you absolutely will not eat?
9. What color describes you?
10. What’s a song that you always rock out to?
11. What’s one item you couldn’t imagine living without?
That’s all folks! Thanks for stopping by 🙂